Thursday, September 23, 2010

Arrrrgh, the eye patch!

Maybe we are done with patching? My daughter has been wearing an eye patch for a lazy eye since she was around 5 years old. She has weaned down to wearing it for 1 1/2 hours twice a week, to not wearing it at all for three months. She is thrilled. In December, we will find out if her vision remains the same or if she needs it a bit longer. The treatment has essentially saved her eye from blindness. I am very thankful to God for that! The eye doctor thinks that her far sightedness will improve by her teen years. That would be great too!

I am doing better with our school schedule. We didn't finish math this morning, but I got right back on track after the appointment. We got everything done, including chores. And, both kids received post cards! Its great, I like this pen pal thing!

I am exercising at night again. It feels really really good. I have committed to doing a Leslie Sansone walking tape every other night, and I'm doing it! I think its been about two weeks now. The tapes are simple, and I rotate between a half dozen - 2 mile walk programs. So, its not boring yet. And, it doesn't take too much room, so even if there is a train track left by my son, I can still exercise.

And, I gave up caffeine, down to decaf. I am not having so many highs and lows in my day. It wasn't fun at first. But, this has been a couple weeks doing this too. No more pop (soda) either. But, I love Seltzer water. I must be the only person in this little town that drinks it. Maybe its an East Coast thing?

Well, we are off to dance- so that's all for now!

No comments: