Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our Anniversary

Today John and I have been married for 9 years! I love my husband, and thank God for giving this wonderful man to me! Special days are often celebrated in curious ways when you are a military family. Since we are apart, this one was via emails. I'd like to say that we will celebrate big when he returns, but honestly, I will just be happy to have my spouse back home.

So, we got a couple cards (I never send anniversary cards to anyone- shhhh) and I told a few people, and I told the kids, and they really don't get what an anniversary is, even when I tried to explain.

And, we had a regular school day. Regular meaning, lately, I do school in what ever order appeals to me. Sometimes, I give the kids a choice. Sometimes, we start by reading a book (Charlotte's Web is the current one). As long as the work gets done, I have given up the rigid schedule. Well, ok, I haven't given up the rigid schedule, as much as the time table for the day. It doesn't have to get done by 2 PM. Today we finished at 4 PM. Lots of play going on today, and that's a good thing.

No comments: