Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Simply Canceled it

In my last entry, I described my hatred for an old druid holiday, which is widely celebrated in America. Halloween. Well, we canceled it. So, now I don't hate it so much :)

See, since homeschooling, I have learned to make decisions about what I want or do not want to teach my kids. Sometimes the decisions are based on time, or what is vital for a good education. Sometimes it has to do with raising a Christian family. Some of these decisions clearly go against the norm of our society. So, this is one more thing that we are changing. This holiday really conflicts with the values that I want my children to learn. I teach my children that participating in things such as witch craft, the occult, having spiritual guides, visiting psychics etc. is dangerous. The Bible is very clear about only worshiping the One True God. And, even if the holiday appears somewhat benign on the surface, at the core, it is a celebration of evil. I pray daily for my children, and for God's guidance in my decisions concerning them, in Jesus'name.

Proverbs 22:6 says, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

No comments: