Friday, December 10, 2010

Brussel sprouts and dijon mustard?

Ok, I had dreamed last night that I was at a potluck, with people from my dad's church (in NJ over 11 years ago) and I was filling my plate with ziti, chicken alfredo, green bean casserole, stuffed shells etc. But, I woke before I got to taste it. I felt ill most of the night, I was so thirsty, and the bed was just not comfortable. I also got way overheated.

But, buy 9 AM, I am craving brussel spouts. I finally bought some last night, the kind that you steam in the bag. I swear, I ate almost the entire bag with butter and salt. I did give my daughter a few. And, then whole wheat pita, with ham, dijon mustard, tomatoes, basil, and cheddar cheese. These foods actually settled my preggo belly!

And, I'm trying to drink seltzer water. I just can't drink very much without feeling sick. So, I'm on to the next experiment. Peppermint tea is out, ginger tea is out, plain decaf tea is out, water is out, water with lemon is out. So, I'm down to cranberry juice, seltzer and V-8.

We are going into town tomorrow, to a Christmas party for the kids at the air station. They are so excited about it. I can't blame them, they have been stuck in this house with me all week. They played outside in the snow with Daddy last night, so at least there was that. I just don't have much pep.

2 comments:

TJ said...

We LOOOOVE brussel sprouts and eat them regularly over here! Dijon sounds delicious. Mmmmm! :)

Puffin said...

Ok, then make this- take a whole wheat pita, toast it, spread on a tablespoon of dijon mustard, add some halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with salt, sprinkle with dried basil, and add some diced ham. Then sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese and put back in the toaster.

I'm going to make this for breakfast tomorrow!