Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Baby?!!

Well, It didn't take long really. John and I decided towards the end of August to try for another child, and I am pregnant! Tina, if you are reading this, that is why I called you yesterday : )

Towards the end of July, our baby is due. My son will be 6, my daughter will be 8 (almost 9) and me- still in my 30's! For a few months anyways : ) I will have three children before I turn 40 years old. Wow!

I don't feel pregnant yet. I feel like I have a cold. My husband has the same one, he caught it from me, so the baby isn't making me stuffy. But, you know, you can't take much for a cold in the first trimester. So, the neti pot and tea are my new best friends. But, its ok. I am coughing all night, in that vague state of asleep and awake - last night it was thinking of baby names. It turned into names that start with K, just like my last name. Weird names, like "Kangaroo Kirk" or "Knowledge Kirk" or "Kipper Kirk". Umm, no I won't be using any of those names. LOL! The night I found out, I dreamed about shopping for diapers in different sizes.

I haven't made a big deal about it, but I've lost over 45 lbs. this last year. So, I am actually no longer Obese. I am just fat. Like XL (some size large) fat. I love this size. Maybe I won't have to buy plus size maternity clothes? I am taking care of myself better than I have in my whole life. I don't eat sugar, sweets or junk food. I don't drink pop or and I switched to decaf coffee. I gave up artificial sweeteners and I feel wonderful! I am not this highly motivated great person- Its not that at all. I joined Overeaters Anonymous last November, and follow a 12 step program (like Alcoholics Anonymous) and ask God for the help I need not to binge eat. One day at a time, I have not binge eaten in an entire year as of this Wednesday. That is a miracle!

I am not worried about gaining weight with this baby. Cause I don't diet. I'll gain what I need to in order to have a healthy pregnancy.

The kids are so cute about the new baby. My son rubs my belly and decided that I cannot lift him anymore, because he doesn't want to hurt the baby. My daughter said this: "So mom, how exactly did the baby get into your womb? (Me, "Daddy and I prayed and asked God for a baby, and he answered our prayer") "Yeah, I know that. But, HOW did it get inside you? I understand about the egg and sperm. How did Daddy's sperm get in there?!" Yikes! I am not ready to go down that road yet. Cause, if I tell her, she will tell her brother. And, probably everyone else that she knows. But, by the end of these 9 months, I am certain that we will have "The Talk". LOL!

I do not feel any morning sickness yet. With my other two, I got lots and lots of morning sickness. It went to week 24. It occurred all day long. I'm still sitting here smiling about it. Maybe, I won't get sick this time? I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Jill on the baby! And I'm SO glad that OA worked so well for you. You look GREAT. Congrats on everything!

Puffin said...

Thank you T : )