Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Still Calm

The dog is still wearing a collar from being neutered last week. I can't remember if I even mentioned that the surgery finally took place, if I didn't, well now you know that it did. He chewed through the medical tape on the plastic cone he wears around his head. It is too prevent him from licking and chewing his incision. I have re-taped this cone a few times. Last night, hubby reinforced it with duct tape. Yes, he chewed through it. The cone also broke, due to constantly banging into stuff, and had to be duct taped. In boredom, Scotty chewed a hole in the kitchen rug. He tries to jump on us constantly, because he is so lonely. Jumping means he must go in the crate, so as to not hurt himself. Poor naughty doggie. We have a few more days of restricted activity, and then a few more than that till the cone comes off. I had no idea it was such a big process!

With all this said, I am still calm. I half glass of wine in the afternoon is doing wonders! (Apologies to my Methodist relatives). But, seriously, I am walking twice a day on the treadmill. My hubby gave me his old i-pod, isn't he wonderful! It makes a world of difference. I am planning meals and cooking great recipes. I am eating healthy and when I've planned to snack or have a meal, instead of whenever I get stressed out. I have cut out diet coke, and seriously may never go back. This is causing me to drink water :)

My aunt sent me a wonderful email, about scheduling exercise as an appointment, and giving it priority in my life, like REAL appointments. She has an friend who does this. So, I'm doing it. It was a great idea! Thanks Aunt NeeNee. Your email really made me feel good and motivated me.

I should write about homeschooling sometime. I suppose it is in the title of my blog, but right now, lets just say its going so well that I'm comfortable being the teacher and my anxiety about my abilities to teach are very low. I am doing a good job, and my daughter is learning.

She is a smart cookie. She knows all her continents, she knows about a dozen different countries around the world. She know a fair bit about our USA. She is great at math. And today, she read a phonics "Hello Kitty" book to her brother. She knows over 100 sight words. I introduced Science this week, formally, and she is loving it! Oh, and she can write the entire alphabet legibly (except K and Y) in capitals. This time last year, she could make about 5 letters. I would say with friends, she is kinda bossy, but she does pretty well. She is our little dancer, and this week starts swimming lessons with her friends. I can't wait to start homeschooling her brother this summer. Its a wonderful blessing!

No comments: