Friday, November 21, 2008

This evenings random thoughts

We are sick. My DH is the sickest, and is still ice cycling into work each day. I can't stop him. He is coughing up a lung right now. He is awesome, and he bikes 18 miles a day in the snow and ice, on a bicycle! The rest of us wimps who complain as we get into a cold car, should be ashamed of ourselves. My DD has a sore throat, maybe, or maybe she just wants to be like the rest of us. My DS is almost over his cold (no asthma attack!), and I have a stuffy nose, and will likely start coughing again as soon as I lay down in bed.

Why do groceries cost so much when you are trying to eat better? Not dieting, just planning ahead so you don't end up running out to get fast food every other day. I just paid about $300 for my groceries. It had better last us twice as long as I planned! I am planning out my meals and snacks, as well as, when I will eat. The point is to cut off the binge eating. I'll keep you posted.

My dog will get snipped next week. Happy Thanksgiving little Scotty! Scotty, I would say that you will have no idea what you are missing, but I'm not a dog, and I don't have those parts, so I really can't tell you that. Perhaps you will stop humping our legs? I told my DD about the surgery. When our parakeet died this summer, she never shed a tear. She even asked if we would find worms and bugs in the parakeet, if we dug it up. When her gold fish died, she asked if it was in little pieces in the septic tank (ewww, gross!) But, when I told her that Scotty would have surgery, and be away for a whole day- she burst into tears and sobbed buckets! She told me that she would be all alone, and that she couldn't be without her favorite dog! And, that she would never see her favorite dog in the whole wide world again if we left him at the vet. Then, she sat by his cage and told him all about how he would be o.k., and sleep a lot at the hospital. She told him how he was the greatest and how much she loved him. She has grown a lot since this summer!

My DS is 3, and boy can he tantrum! Put him in timeout- and he screams and cries and pounds on the door. It sounds to me as though he is actually throwing his whole body against the door. During this preschool rage, he can't seem to calm down. After about five minutes of it, my DH opened the door, and my son finally pulls it together. All this because he did not like the shirt my DH made him wear.

Me, I was told to look into MINDFULNESS by my counselor. I did, and I won't be doing that. I don't care if it will help decrease my anxiety. I would be having anxiety about trying to be mindful. When did Eastern religion become acceptable therapy? I don't do yoga, and I don't believe in Karma. I think "My Name is Earl" is hilarious, but that's as close to Karma and Eastern Religion as I will get. Oh well, her other suggestions are good, and I think that there is still hope for me. Although, when told to try burning candles to use other senses than taste (like tasting an entire bag of Dove milk chocolate candies in one sitting), note to self- candles that smell like food, make me what to eat food. I did not eat the candles though!

My counter is covered with cans of store brand food which should not have cost $300. This is because gas is getting cheaper, isn't it?

No comments: