Sunday, August 19, 2012

Back to School Tomorrow?!

The war cry has gone out, "Nooooooooo!  No school tomorrow MOM!" 

Yah, my kids are less than excited to start back to school.  I think it will be an adventure.  I will school with a toddler in tow.  He gets into everything!  He is one busy kiddo. 

So, we will start back tomorrow, and I should be getting prepared, but I have zero time and zero energy.  It will just happen, and I'll fix it as we go along. 

My husband is away, I am exhausted every evening and lack the energy to accomplish much.  I am exhausted during the day. 

So, I will put the coffee on, set the alarm, and crack open the books tomorrow.  I have actually set up some stuff for Chemistry, so I'm not totally unprepared. 

My daughter is 9 and a 4th grader.  My son is 7 and a 2nd grader.  That really means absolutely nothing.  We just pick up where we left off.  I get to do that, as their teacher. 

Goals for tomorrow:

1) Get up at 8 AM with the alarm app on iphone, wake baby who will be asleep in bed with me.
2) Fix breakfast for all, drink beloved coffee, put baby in pack n' play and shower
3) Bring whiny and angry children downstairs, as they tell me how much they hate school and miss Summer.  School day plus lunch and baby nap somewhere in there . . . .
4) Introduce Chemistry with neato lab, that my kids will actually love (this is my motivator)
5) Math and Reading
6) Handwriting without Tears
7) Read Aloud a Missionary story (Ida Scudder, missionary in India from 1870-1960)
8) Cook dinner (pizza?)
9) Eat dinner, kids play outside afterwards
10) Bedtime routine- Little Visits with God devotional book and Bible, Prayers, Read a couple Chapters from: Tales of the 4th Grade Nothing
11) Everyone to bed, me too!

1 comment:

Secret said...

sounds like you have a good plan. Hope it goes the way you want it too. Hugs.