Sunday, April 17, 2011

Aching Back

So, in a weeks time, I have gone from relatively comfortable, to quite uncomfortable. My SI joints (Sacroiliac joint) are inflamed. These are the joints between the base of the spine and hips. At least, I know what is wrong this time. When I was pregnant with my son (the last one), I thought that I had injured my tailbone. Well, it was these joints, and I waited till he was nearly 2 years old to go to physical therapy. A couple of my PT friends are helping me. One, is an online friend, and she gave me some advice. Another, came to my house for a visit, and guided me through a couple exercises. The PT exercise work, but they are temporary fixes. So, I sleep in pain, sit in pain, and oh yes, when I stand too long, I am in pain. I can't take pain killers, since I am pregnant, so I will just weather through it.

Then, add gas and bloating. Lots of it.

Then, add acid reflux and heartburn. I have tried tums, but there has to be a better choice. I am laying on three pillows for the reflux, leaning the bed against the wall - with a body pillow against it, for back support, a pillow between my knees, and one under the belly. Somehow, I still leave a tiny bit of room for my husband. Every hour, I flip over, and a few times a night, I scoot to the end of the bed, to get up to go pee. Of course, the last two pregnancies destroyed our firm mattress. So, we end up flipping the saggy mattress routinely.

When I go to bed, and attempt to be comfy, baby pinkie begins to wiggle and do the baby dance. We like this. He is very active. He is 26 weeks old in the womb, and I can't wait till we can see him kick from the outside, and not just feel. The kids are looking forward to that too.

I did find a good buy on a sweatshirt/jacket at Old Navy. I can go outdoors, and enjoy the mild weather (ok, we had mild weather last week, but today we got snow flurries) And, tomorrow, I will shop for a pretty dress. We have a CG event in a few weeks, and a cocktail dress is appropriate. Heheehe, I am not going to find anything that formal. Not in Traverse City anyways. My maternity clothes choices are quite limited. But, maybe Motherhood Maternity will have something.

In a month, I will be on my way to AK. Our adventure continues!

1 comment:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

I am sending you many hugs .. how uncomfortable this must be