Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My boycott of Earth Day

I did not celebrate Earth Day. And, I did not teach my children about it. I actually goggled "Boycott Earth Day". Did you know that some environmentalist actually boycott the holiday because they think it has become too commercialized?

I am not an environmentalist, and this is not why I boycotted Earth Day. I didn't even remember the "holiday" until I was in Ace Hardware and was given a "Green" bag with special eco-friendly soaps and detergents. I bought stuff to grow seed with my kids, so I thought the cashier was giving me some bonus gardening stuff. (Anybody want some eco-friendly detergent that I am expecting will not actually clean my clothes or dishes when used with well water?)

I did not celebrate this dumb holiday, because I believe in worshiping my Creator, not His creation. Good stewardship and being "green" is not the same thing. I don't need a special holiday to take care of God's creation. I will not teach my children this garbage either. And, yes, I am one of those people who do not believe the human race is causing global warming.

How did I boycott Earth Day? Easy, I just thanked Jesus for his words in Matthew 6:25-34. If you want to read it, here is a link:

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%206:25-34&version=31

No comments: