Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two Months old

My little guy with be 2 months old in a few days. He is doing wonderfully! He is growing very big, and even cuter!


Well, school is in full swing. And, its a new experience to homeschool with a baby. It gets very disorganized here. It has to be disorganized, because the baby is too young to be on a schedule. Thus, my careful planing is fairly useless. But, the kids are learning, and the baby is fed. The house is a bit messy, but it could be much worse!

And, there are some great lessons that we never planned on. Fishing. My six year old boy - caught a silver today!! As in, an Alaskan Silver Salmon. He and my husband are learning to fish. This is my boy's first fish, and it was huge! (We concluded that my daughter does not like to fish. Especially, when you don't catch anything. She is kind of mean about it, and made my DH feel awful the last time they went fishing together). But, the boys went out this morning at 5:30 AM, and now we have salmon fillets in the freezer. My husband caught one too. I grilled one of the fillets tonight. It was big enough to feed all four of us. It was awesome! (I have no idea who these men are, but they also caught silvers)

We also started soccer. Its interesting. I don't know if I like it - but, I will endure the six weeks of games, on wet fields, and usually in the rain. This is Kodiak, after all. Its wet here. My son seems to really be enjoying it. I don't know about my daughter. She spent most of the game in the bathroom with an upset tummy. Then, we left early. After soccer, I am unsure of what they will do. I guess I need to figure that out.

2 comments:

Secret said...

My DD did not like soccer. LOL. and OMG, I lauhged...I thought I was seeing the fish your son caught and then u are like "I have no idea who these men are but caught silver salmon too"----LMAO LMAO LMAO. Hugs..

Puffin said...

I'm glad that I made you laugh! My DH didn't take any pictures, because they were in wadders (no pocket for phone/camera) and it was dark.