Saturday, December 26, 2009

Beautiful Bicycle

Merry Christmas! This entry is totally, and selfishly all about myself. I got it! My husband got me the bicycle that I have been drooling over! It sits in my living room, I actually tried to ride it in the house, umm, no that didn't work out too well. But, I am now the proud owner of an Electra Townie, and it is Sage Green. It is the color of the bridesmaid dresses in our wedding. Pictures will follow in a later blog, I would imagine. (Right now I am blogging in flannel snowman pajamas, and so you will have to wait!)

I knew that I was getting the bicycle for various reasons, the first being that my little girl let the cat out of the bag, mentioning the bike shop her daddy went to for himself, and then the bike shop that they went to that she was not allowed to tell me about. Evidently, he actually purchased the bike that day. So, it is amazing that the kids did not tell me more information! Then, there was the rule that I was not allowed to visit DH in his office at work, or I would see my gift. And, well, I pay the Mastercard bill, so you know, I saw it.

But, the fun didn't get snuffed out completely. DH had to drive into work one day, very reluctantly, so I could go to an early evening meeting. He wouldn't have enough time to ride home after work- and help me with the kids in time for me to make my meeting. So, that day was awful for him. He rides to work every day, even in snow, because he loves it so much. Well, he brought the Electra home and hid it in my neighbor's garage. Then, on Christmas eve, he brought it home to the garage, while I thought he was taking the dog out to pee. On Christmas morning, he brought it inside while I thought he was getting coffee. So, I was surprised! And, I love it. i have several months to wait before it gets broken in, but if the icy rain goes away, I might just have to try it out a little.

No comments: